As a Care Assistant, your tasks will be varied and may include the following and more:
- Supporting clients with daily personal care such as washing, dressing, using the toilet, getting into and out of bed and feeding themselves.
- Carrying out general tasks such as housework, laundry and shopping
- Helping families get used to new caring responsibilities
- Working with other health and social care professionals to provide individual care and development plans
- Helping to organise leisure activities
- Going with clients to and from a residential home (for example, on doctor’s appointments, hospital, the shops and so on.)